This was my first experience shipping by boat. I had a small shipment to Argentina from Los Angeles of only ten boxes. The original quote was $264. I told the operator at ShippingQuest that this was my first shipment overseas and asked her if there were any extra fees that I should consider. She mentioned Palletizing $95 and Fuel Surcharge $144. I decided to ship with ShippingQuest.

Today I was contacted by an agent of a local logistic company who told me that the logistic fees were $507 and the port handling fees were $976 + taxes. Of course, the cost of the shipment is far less than $1500.

I feel I was deceived by ShippingQuest. I suspect that they knew well that the destination fees in Argentina (and probably elsewhere) far out weighted the value of my goods and that it was not worth shipping by boat. I feel they should have told me about it.

The customer service was very polite until I made my last complaint about not being told of the high destination fees. At this time the customer service representative became very rude.

This reviewer shared experience about "deceived about destination fees" and wants this business to "help from shippingquest to reduce the destination fees". This person is overall dissatisfied with Shippingquest. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

This person also mentioned the following company Lilash that you may also consider. Also, you can continue reading comments about Shippingquest.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Shipping category for more informed decision or compare Shippingquest to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Shippingquest?

Comments